CALL FOR ENTRIES | SYN FESTIVAL 2019: MUSIC
Syn Festival Edinburgh invites musicians to participate in the sixth Syn Festival which will take place from the 22 March – 5 April 2019.
Deadline: 15th of February 2019
• We welcome submissions from all Edinburgh-based musicians producing any style of music (rock, pop, blues, jazz, folk, electronic, swing, soul and more; the list is indicative but not exclusive).
• We are also particularly interested in bands focusing on traditional Eastern Mediterranean music and specifically Greek music for our respective events.
• We will be hosting four live music events to accommodate, in the best way possible, as many performances and music genres as we can.
• We invite interested musicians to submit their proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the act proposed, a short bio, links and examples of previous work if available.
• Please let us know your availability on the 22nd and 30th of March if you are interested in playing at our band nights (any genre).
• Please also let us know your availability on the 17th and 29th of March if you are interested in playing at our traditional Greek and Eastern Mediterranean music events respectively.
• The application deadline for the first selection stage is the 15th of February – midnight.
Syn Festival is a purely volunteer led organization that is open to volunteers from all different ethnic and professional backgrounds. The purpose of the festival is to create a space where members of the vibrant community of artists in Scotland can communicate their work, share their skills and experiences, network, and expand their audience. The festival showcases a variety of exhibiting and performing arts, including photography, installations, painting, illustration, film, theatre, dance, and music of different genres.
During the last five years, Syn Festival has hosted a variety of music projects. From passionate, solo musicians making their first steps on stage, newly formed bands, to established acts who have performed for the festival’s wide audience.
Now, for the sixth consecutive year, we invite musicians and musical acts from all national and ethnic backgrounds residing in Edinburgh to take part in this initiative.
Entrance to all events during the festival is free/by donation. Donations collected during this year’s festival will be given to a project of our choice that supports vulnerable individuals in Scotland.