CALL FOR ENTRIES | SYN FESTIVAL 2018: MUSIC
Syn Festival Edinburgh invites musicians to participate in the fifth Syn Festival which will take place from the 8th – 16th of March 2018.
Deadline: 31st of January
• We welcome submissions from all Edinburgh-based musicians producing any style of music (rock, pop, blues, jazz, folk, electronic, swing, soul and more; the list is indicative but not exclusive).
• We will be hosting four live music events to accommodate, in the best way possible, as many performances and music genres as we can.
• We invite interested musicians to submit their proposals to email@example.com with a brief description of the act proposed, a short bio and examples of previous work if available.
• Please let us know your availability on the 10th,11th and 14th of March.
• Please also let us know your availability on the 23rd of February and 16th of March if you are interested in playing at our traditional Greek and Eastern music events respectively.
• The application deadline for the first selection stage is the 31st of January.
Syn Festival is a Greek multi-arts festival. Each year its theme is derived culturally and socially from Greece and is an open invitation to other cultures towards inclusive and timely artistic dialogue in Scotland. The festival showcases a variety of exhibiting and performing arts, including photography, installations, painting, illustration, film, theatre, dance, and music of different genres.
During the last four years, Syn Festival has hosted a variety of music projects. From passionate, solo musicians making their first steps on stage, newly formed bands, to established acts who have performed for the festival’s wide audience.
Now, for the fifth consecutive year, we invite musicians and musical acts from all national and ethnic backgrounds residing in Edinburgh to take part in this initiative.
Entrance to all events during the festival is free/by donation. Donations collected during this year’s festival will be given to a project that provides community arts cafes for the most vulnerable, which include hot meals, warm clothes, arts activities and general support.
For more information please visit our website: www.synfestivaledinburgh.co.uk and/or contact Stella Mazeri at firstname.lastname@example.org